I am excited to invite you to a FREE Nutrition and Fitness Webinar I am giving next saturday for Muslim women. Over the last 20 years I have been in the health and fitness industry specializing on helping women look good and feel great. I have owned a success fitness studio for women and have helped thousands of women successfully navigate through the journey of health and fitness. When looking for a weight loss program I found that most women want three thing, they want look good and feel healthy and enjoy their lives without feeling like they are held hostage by their weight loss goals.
Though two decades of trial and error, working with clients and getting over a dozen fitness and nutrition certification and an academic degree in exercise science I’ve actually uncovered what a success weigh loss formula looks like.
The good news is it’s not as complicated as the media and marketing leads us to believe. In the age of social media and the internet, we are constantly saturated with information. A quick google search for a weight loss diet brings up 52 million links. But to make matters worse much of it can be contradictory. One site says eat whole grains and another Facebook post says stay away for bread. A popular Facebook page says juicing and being vegan is the only way to health and another says eat meat.
Marketing feed on the hopelessness of women desperate to lose weight and and to much information leads to paralysis by analysis. No wonder despite what seems like a simple formula to success weight loss escapes so many women. So what’s a girl to do?
My goal is to empower you with research based knowledge on women and weight loss to help you navigate through the sea of confusion so you can look good and feel great. So let’s go over the formula to get you started on Saturday June 18th at 11:00 AM
I am starting to prepare my presentation for the RIS Convention and I couldn’t help but sit back and reflect with a smile how far the Muslim community has come since I started this mission of bringing awareness of how physical fitness effect spiritual wellness as Muslims. When I began getting my first certifications over 14 yrs ago no one … and I mean…no one even mentioned health at a Muslim conference, workshop or even a Jummah Kutbah. Now it’s being a featured workshop topic on it’s own by influential Imams like Imam Zaid Shakir, who is my co-presenter. I am so proud of how far we have come and so honored to have been a pioneer in this effort.
Inshallah, I hope to see you there. If not please follow our fan page and twitter for the journey
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 28th
Session 18 – 10:00AM – 10:45AM
Sound Mind in a Sound Body: The Sunnah of Exercise
Imam Zaid Shakir/ Sister Mubarakah Ibrahim
While we know that the Prophet (God’s peace and blessings upon him) was gifted with a perfect intellect, many Muslims don’t know that he was also a master wrestler, a marksman with the bow and arrow, an accomplished horseman, a swimmer, and a runner. He lived an active physical life, milking animals, walking to the market, and leading armies, even into the sixth decade of his life. His companions noted that he had a sinewy muscular body and never developed a paunch but maintained a flat stomach all his life. He also encouraged his companions to keep horses, to practice archery, to swim, and to teach these skills to the youth.
Exercise is a neglected Sunnah: many Muslims today are out of shape and have poor eating habits. In Spark: The Revolutionary New Science of Exercise and the Brain, John Ratey, a Harvard mental health expert, argues that regular exercise is more powerful than any anti-depressant on the market. With so many mental health issues confronting the Muslim community, should our imams, teachers, and leaders be practicing and promoting better exercise and sound dietary habits?
This session will examine the physical aspect of the Prophet’s life as well as his dietary practices and the importance of wholesome and healthful eating.
GET OUR BLOG IN YOUR EMAIL:CLICK HERE
Subscribe in a reader
“My sister Lost 30lbs on Weight Watchers”
“My brother’s wife went gluten free for 30 days”
“My co-worker says following the paleo diet is the best way to lose weight”
Paleo, Gluten Free, Weight Watchers, Biggest Loser , Calorie counting…. We will explore these plans and break through all the rhetoric and find out which diet really works and if there is really any science behind them.
Fat loss expert Mubarakah Ibrahim will give you the truth behind some of the most popular diets and eating plans out today so you can find the one that will work for you.
1ST in a series of FREE Online Webinars
Date: Wednesday Dec 17, 2014
Time: 1:00 PM EST at:
attendee.gotowebinar.com/ register/ 4519746318652439554
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
BALANCE fitness LLC
370 Davenport Ave, 3rd Floor
New Haven, CT
Balance Fitness was founded in 2001 by internationally recognized health and fitness expert Mubarakah Ibrahim, as fitness service and education company who’s mission is to create a “healthy world, one woman at a time”. It’s function on the philosophy of “whole fitness”, the belief that physical, mental and spiritual well being is intertwined, the strengthening of one, strengthens them all and the weakening of one, weakens them all. It is with the philosophy of “whole fitness” that CEO Mubarakah (pronounced moo-ba-ra-ka) Ibrahim has worked with women and wellness related issues for over a decade.
About CEO Mubarakah Ibrahim
She has appeared on The Oprah Winfrey Show “Thirty-Something in America”, is a referring fitness expert for Prevention Magazine on fitness for women over 40, the New York Times on Muslim Women and has had multiple appearances on ABC affiliate WTNH News Channel 8, CBS radio Affiliate WELI Morning Show and has been a business profile on the front page of the Chicago Tribune. Her efforts as both a fitness educator and Muslim businesswoman has afforded her a unique opportunity to be invited as a special guest to the United States White House Iftar Dinner by President Barack Obama in both 2012 and 2013.
Mubarakah in an entrepreneur, businesswoman, certified personal trainer and owner of BALANCE fitness Studio for women in the city of New Haven, CT where she offers personal training and fitness education. In addition, she lectures, promotes and conducts workshops on alternative health, fitness and healthy living throughout the World.
Education & Certification
- Albertus Magnus College, Major English Minor in Psychology 1994-1998
- Aerobics And Fitness Association of America (AFAA) Group Resistance Training 1999
- AFAA Mat Science I 2000
- AFAA Mat Science II 2000
- AFAA Certified Personal Trainer/Fitness Counselor 2001
- AFAA Advanced Certified Personal Trainer Workshop 2002
- AFAA Pre and Post Natal Exercise Certification 2005
- CPR, First Aid Certification Red Cross
- The Inner City Newspaper October 2006
- The New Haven Independent October 2006
- The New Haven Independent April 2006
- The New Haven Independent March 2006
- WELI Morning Show (CBS Affiliate) March 2006
- News Channel 8 (ABC Affiliate) June 2005
- News Channel 8 (ABC Affiliate) June 2010
- New Haven Advocate Front Cover Profile February 2005
- WYBC The Electric Drum Radio Program July 2004
- The Oprah Winfrey Show: Thirty Something in America January 25, 2007
- News Channel 3 (CBS Affiliate) January 2007
- News Channel 8 (ABC Affiliate) July 2007
- The Inner City Newspaper June 2007
- Hartford Current Newspaper August 2007
- Talking Point: Bridges TV August 2007
- Chicago Tribune Front Cover Business Profile 2007
- Southern CT State University, Major Exercise Science 2004-2006
- Easter Oregon State University (Online), Major Physical Activity and Health 2008- Present
- Aziza Magazine: Contributing writer – October 2007
- New Haven Register Business Profile 2010
- Aziza Magazine Profile – October 2012
- New York Times: July 2011
- Prevention Magazine: Contributing Expert for Fitness Programs for Women over 40 “Years off Workout”: November 2011
- Albertus Magnus College (New Haven, CT) Multi-Cultural Student Association President 1994-1996
- Masjid Al-Islam Active Member 1992- Present
- Masjid Al-Islam Board Member 2011-2012
- New England Muslim Sister Association (NEMSA) Member 1990-Present
- New England Muslim Sister Association Vice-President 2000-2004
- New England Muslim Sister Association President 2006-2008
- Whalley Avenue Special Service District (WSSD) Member 2007-2010
- Whalley Avenue Special Service District Board (WSSD) Member 2008-2010
- FBI Citizens Academy Graduate (New Haven, CT) 2011
- Economic Development Corporation (EDC) Board Member – City of New Haven 2008 Present
- The City of New Haven Women and Girls Consortium
- The City of New Haven Health Matters Committee
- Yale New Haven Hospital Birthing Center Steering Committee 2011-2013
- Yale New Haven Hospital Women Services Advisory Counsel for Patient and Family Centered Care 2012 – Present
Honors & Awards
- Community Service Award – Mount Zion Seventh Day Adventist Church April 2007
- Award of Recognition – Women of Strength of Family Islamic Society of North America (ISNA) July 2007
- Business Woman of the Year – The National Association of Negro Business and Professional Women March 2008
- Proclamation of the City of New Haven – Mayor John Destefano Jr. March 2008
- Positive Community Example Award – Al-Aziz Islamic Center – March 2008
- Official Citation of Office of the CT Attorney General – March 2008
- Official Citation of Office of the NY Attorney General – March 2013
- Special Invitation 2012 Iftar Dinner at the White House [Muslim American Women] August 4, 2012
- Special Invitation and Attendance of 2013 Iftar Dinner at the White House [Muslim-American Business Owners] July 25, 2013