Call it “extra padding” or “love handles.”
Or just tell yourself it just means there’s “more of you to love.”
According to the WebMD website, many researchers describe belly fat as an active “organ” in your body. One that churns out hormones and inflammatory substances.
According to Lewis Kuller, MD, DPH, professor and past chair of epidemiology at the University of Pittsburgh School of Public Health…
“Abdominal fat is thought to break down easily into fatty acids, which flow directly into the liver and into muscle.”
The presence of excess fatty acids in your liver, not only increase the production of bad cholesterol and triglycerides, it puts your blood sugar out of balance which lays the foundation for diabetes, heart disease and other problems.
Obviously exercise and proper diet are the best way to get rid of belly fat. But if you’re looking to get rid of it even faster, in addition to exercise and diet, here are five things you can do immediately that will accelerate your belly fat’s demise:
- 1. Drink at least two cups of Green Tea a day (no milk, no sugar) – A 2009 Journal of Nutrition medical study found that of two study groups, the one who drank green tea lost 44% more belly fat. This is due to an ingredient in the tea called epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) which increases fat metabolism making it easier to lose weight. Another study found that people who consumed green tea and caffeine lost an average of 2.9 pounds over 12 weeks, without changing any other elements in their diet and exercise routine.
- Eat Blueberries – There are few better low calorie treats than blueberries. Especially when there is evidence that eating blueberries changes the way we process fat and sugar which leads to increased weight loss. Blueberries contain insoluble fiber which speeds up the digestive process which has been known to help weight loss. A half cup of blueberries contains about 40 calories. Putting blueberries on unsweetened oatmeal or drinking a blueberry smoothie is a healthy way to start your morning.
- Make sure you get enough Vitamin C – Vitamin C is essential for proper fat metabolism. It’s required for the production of molecules used in oxidation, or metabolism, of fatty tissue. EurekAlert reports that a low daily intake of Vitamin C is linked with increased weight and higher waist measurement. Without sufficient vitamin C, your body is unable to use stored fat which causes a build up of fat particularly in the abdominal area. According to the “Journal of the American College of Nutrition,” Vitamin C improves fat loss by approximately 30 percent.Because the body does not store Vitamin C, each day you’re starting fresh. The Recommended Daily Allowance (RDA) for females over the age of 19 is 75 mg; for men over the age of 19 it’s 90 mg. To give you an idea of how many vegetables you need to eat per day, 1 cup of steamed broccoli contains 124 mg and an orange contains about 70 mg. There is no harm in going over your RDA for Vitamin C.
- Sprinkle Acacia Powder on your food – On his television show, Dr. Oz recently touted the weight loss benefit of Acacia Powder, a tasteless chemical-free powder that has a high fibre content which will give your stomach a full sensation compelling you to eat less. The idea is you sprinkle Acacia Powder on your food (preferably along with a big glass of water which will maximize the benefits of the powder.)
- Use Sriracha Hot Sauce to complement your meals – It’s named after the city of Sri Racha in Eastern Thailand. It is a mixture of chilli peppers, vinegar, garlic, sugar, and salt. According to Dr, OZ adding it to your food will help speed up your metabolism. The red chilli peppers contain capsaicin which is known to help boost metabolism and aid in weight loss. The garlic in Sriracha Sauce also helps lower cholesterol and blood pressure levels. Dr. Oz says that it affects about 20 different fat-burning chemicals in your body. You can use Sriracha Hot Sauce to spice up anything from eggs to veggies to steak. Or add it to soup, chilli or stew. It is also known as “rooster sauce.”
Use one or more of these five tips along with proper diet and exercise and it won’t be long before you will be saying goodbye to belly fat forever.