Boxed brownie mixes are filled with refined sugars and grains, so make with this recipe instead. It’s always a good idea to make these brownies in a mini muffin pan since this really forces portion control. Just eat one brownie and you’ll be able to enjoy this wholesome treat guilt-free!
Here’s what you need:
- 3.5 oz dark chocolate (72% cocoa or higher)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a mini muffin pan with coconut oil.
- In a double boiler, gently melt the chocolate, coconut oil and raw honey. Remove from heat, allow to cool, add the eggs, vanilla and almond extracts.
- In a medium bowl combine the almond flour and salt. Add the wet ingredients and mix well. Stir in the mini chocolate chips.
- Fill the mini muffin tins nearly to the top. Bake for 15-25 minutes until golden and set.
- Allow the brownies to cool in the pan – if you don’t wait then they fall apart!