- 2 ½ cups cooked quinoa, cooled
- 4 cups kale, cleaned, deveined, chopped small
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ yellow onion, diced small
- ½ cup chives, chopped
- ½ cup Parmesan, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ cup finely ground bread crumbs (use gluten free breadcrumbs to make this dish gluten free)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil plus more for frying
1. Combine quinoa, eggs, Parmesan, chives and salt in medium mixing bowl.
2. Heat 2 Tbsp olive oil in skillet on medium heat then sweat onions and garlic, approximately 3 minutes. Add kale to skillet and cook until kale is bright green and soft.
3. Add kale mixture to quinoa mixture, then add breadcrumbs and stir to combine.
3. Place clean skillet on medium heat and add enough oil to coat bottom of pan.
4. Form patties using ½ cup of quinoa mixture and place patties in skillet being careful not to splash hot oil or overcrowd the pan. Fry until golden brown on each side, approximately 5 minutes per side.
5. Remove patties, drain on paper towel and serve.
Use these as apart of an overall GET FIT diet and exercise program.
Join the Fit Muslimah 40 Day Challange