Over the years I have improved my recipe for Delicious Crispy Oven Fried Chicken. With 4 children and a husband that I am always trying to convince that eating healthy doesn’t have to to bland or “nasty” it’s always a personal sense of accomplishment when my teenagers say “YUM” or “that was good, mommy” after eating my healthy alternative. This recipe has made the cut.
I hope you enjoy and please come back and leave a comment about how you like it.
- 4 skinless chicken breast (about 3-4 ounces each)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- Olive Oil Pan Spray
- Seasoning mixture
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ tsp black pepper (optional)
- ½ tsp garlic powder (optional)
- ½ tsp parsley flakes (optional)
- 3 bowls
- 1 cookie sheet
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix all seasoning in a bowl
- Sprinkle ½ of seasoning mixture onto chicken breast. Rub well onto all sides of chicken.
- Place flour and bread crumbs in a shallow plate or bowl. Add the remaining half of the seasoning mixture into flour and breadcrumbs and mix well.
- Put eggs in a separate 3rd bowl and beat well.
- Dredge the chicken piece by piece in the seasoned flour and bread crumb mixture, then the egg, then the bread crumbs, until all pieces are coated.
- Spray a cookie sheet with pan spray.
- Place chicken on the pan then spray chicken lightly with Olive Oil Pan Spray (This prevents chicken from looking dry and helps flour turn crispy
- Bake in the 350 degree preheated oven for 15 minutes, then turn pieces over and bake for another 15 minutes. Remove from oven and drain on paper towels. Enjoy!