TOTAL CARBS: 1.9 g
FIBER: 0.7 g
NET CARBS: 1.2 g
PROTEIN: 6.9 g
FAT: 10.2 g
CALORIES: 125 kcal
MAGNESIUM: 19 mg (5% RDA)
POTASSIUM: 139 mg (7% EMR)
Hands-on 5 minutes
Overall 30 minutes
INGREDIENTS (10 MUFFINS)
- 2/3 cup frozen spinach, thawed and excess water removed (100 g / 3.5 oz)
- 3 tbsp pesto (45 g / 1.6 oz)
- ½ Kalamata or other olives, pitted (50 g / 1.8 oz)
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped (28 g / 1 oz)
- 125 g soft goat cheese (e.g. feta) or other soft type of cheese (4.4 oz)
- 6 large eggs, free-range or organic
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 F / 175 C. Squeeze out the excess water from the spinach, deseed and slice the olives and chop the sun-dried tomatoes. Crack the eggs into a bowl, add the pesto and season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix until well combined.
- Divide the spinach, crumbled goat cheese, sun-dried tomatoes and olives evenly into the muffin pan (I used a silicon muffin pan). Pour in the egg & pesto mixture and transfer into the oven. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until browned on top and cooked inside.
- When done, remove from the oven and set aside to cool down. Store in the fridge for up to 5 days. Enjoy!